Mr. Heath began his educational career in 2007 at Dauphin County Technical School, a comprehensive career and technical school, where he worked as a high school counselor for seven years, working with students in grades 9-12. He then took on the role as the assistant principal for three years within the same District. In 2017, he and his family relocated back to Huntingdon County where he accepted the role of High School/Middle School Principal at Southern Huntingdon County School District. In July of 2022, Mr. Heath began to serve as Superintendent of the Forbes Road School District. His educational experiences have afforded him the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of people to meet the common goal of increasing student achievement and well-being. His educational philosophy is based on his uncompromising belief that all students can learn, given a positive learning environment, strong and knowledgeable leadership, a committed and focused educational team, an encouraging community, and a supportive family. Effective communication is at the forefront of his mission as an educator and administrator.
Mr. Heath received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Minor in Sociology from the Pennsylvania State University in 2002. He then earned his Master’s Degree in Secondary School Counseling and Counseling Licensure at Kutztown University in 2005. From there, he moved to the Lehigh Valley, where he received a degree in Mortuary Science from Northampton College, before starting his career in secondary education as a school counselor. In 2014, he received his Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Edinboro University and his Superintendent Letter of Eligibility from Saint Francis University in 2021.
Throughout much of Mr. Heath’s professional career in education, he has maintained his involvement in the funeral directing profession through his family’s business, Robert D. Heath Funeral Home, Inc. His work in this field requires distinguished levels of professionalism, compassion, and trust, which he applies daily in his role at the Forbes Road School District, where he is proud to be part of the Cardinal family!
- Work jointly with stakeholders to implement the Districts Comprehensive School Plan that focuses on District strengths and areas of need.
- Continue to enhance relations between the Forbes Road School District and the community while maintaining the progress made thus far.
- Serve as mentor and support to the District Principal that includes consistent check in's.
- Ensure that MTSS implementation continues to occur with fidelity and in conjunction with the rollout of the PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) program.
- Continue to monitor and analyze the District budget, financial projections and future operating costs. This includes seeking out and applying for related grant opportunities that align with the District vision and mission.
As outlined in Section 1073.1 of the Pennsylvania School Code, the employment contract for a district superintendent shall include an annual performance review that is based upon objective performance standards mutually agreed to in writing by the board of school directors and the district superintendent.
2022-2023 Superintendent Performance Review
- Student Growth and Achievement - Proficient
- Organizational Leadership - Proficient
- District Operations and Management - Area of Need
- Communication and Community Relations - Distinguished
- Human Resource Management - Proficient
- Professionalism - Proficient
- Communication with board, faculty and community.
- Effective at multitasking and organizational skills.
- Made huge improvements in overall morale of the district.
Areas of Improvement
- Securing grants
- Accepting and managing constructive feedback.
Resources that should be made available.
- Grant writing Coursework.
Overall Score: Proficient/Satisfactory